Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
Friday 18th -Saturday 19th October 2019
The British Racing School, Newmarket
This year’s two day scientific meeting offers a varied and high quality lecture series focused on Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in companion animals.
This conference will provide the attendant with up to date information on oral and maxillofacial neoplasia, diagnosing odontogenic tumours, inflammatory lesions of the oral mucosa and jaws and the approach to problematic proliferative fibro-osseous lesions. The keynote speaker is Brian G Murphy of U C Davis. Furthermore the programme includes lectures from specialists in clinical veterinary dentistry.
An exciting lecture from a human oral and maxillofacial pathologist will present an update on current concepts in oral pathology diagnosis and understanding of diseases of the head and neck. The lecture will include an outline of the recent WHO classification and give an update of head and neck cancer, including staging and pathobiology. The lecture will also discuss the use of molecular pathology to inform our understanding and diagnosis of oral disease.
This lecture series will offer a stimulating platform for discussion and approach to common diagnostic challenges, suitable for both pathologists and clinical colleagues.
- Brian G Murphy, DVM, PhD, DACVP, Associate Professor, Pathology, Microbiology & Immunology, UC Davis
- Professor Keith D Hunter, BSc, BDS, FDS RCSEd, PhD, FRCPath, FHEA, Professor of Head and Neck Pathology, Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologist, University of Sheffield
- Rachel Perry, BSc, BVM&S, MANZCVS (Small Animal Dentistry & Oral Surgery), Dipl.EVDC, MRCVS, European Veterinary Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry and RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry
- Tim Barnett, BSc(Hons), BVM&S, MSc, CertAVP, DipECVS, DipEVDC-Eq, MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Equine Surgery and Veterinary Dentistry (Equine) and European Veterinary Specialist in Equine Surgery
- Gerhard Putter,BVSc MRCVS MANZCVS (Veterinary Dentistry and Oral Surgery) Diplomate of the European Veterinary Dental College
To register for this event please use the following link: http://bit.ly/BSVPOct19
Early Bird fee is available until 4 weeks prior to the meeting (Friday 20 September 2019).
The closing date for registration is Friday 4th October 2019.